Sunday, January 13, 2019

Cutler Ridge, January 5, 2019


Experimenting with a 360 camera. So far it's way too much editing work . . . or maybe it's just my old Dell that can't handle any heavy lifting. Time for an iMac . . .

Skied Bailey Spring in upper Cutler basin today. The skiing sucked. A 5-inch, breakable, styrofoam wind crust that tripped me into a cartwheel fall - TWICE! But it was good to be with great friends and back on my feet after too much sickness and too many family issues. Nothing like a day in the mountains to reset the soul.

John Muir nailed it when he said, "In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks." 

Brett showing the way.

Willard Peak

Brett and Chris..

Diffused sun and wind picking up the higher we get.

Heated logos are the latest marketing ploy coming to you from Black Diamond Equipment.  

Dead stump and Ben Lomand Peak beyond.


A cold and windy transition to ski. Chris (l) and Brett (r).


Me skiing with 360 cam on the pole. Tight knees are oh so 1979.

Skinning. Chris and Owen (Brett Fuller photo).

Brett messing with his risers. 

Wind shot. This looked way more dramatic in real life. Sorrry.

Came screaming down the Nordic track in North Fork Park, came around a bend going about 40mph only to see six skiers and two dogs spread across the entire track. In a panic to avoid a collision, I abruptly turn into the Nordic trad-set-track. I was extremely annoyed that they blocked the entire road until I saw these moose just ahead. Even more annoying that they (skiers) offered no warning, just watched me fly by, headed to an almost certain moose-mauling. Good thing I learned to ski in the '70's and can hockey stop on a dime. OK, more like a "pizza-french-fry-shit-show," but I did stop well before they charged.  
Driving through Huntsville at 7:30AM it's too damn cold, but it never felt even close to 6-degrees while skinning. And why am I taking photos while driving?. 

No comments:

Post a Comment