Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Snow Finalling Filling the Crags, Dude Peak, December 11, 2021

Another lunch run up Dude Peak, the pros and cons of working at home, yeah I can get out in the hills,  but it has to be fast, and the joy should be the journey, not dictated by the clock. 

It was a cold and windy day but good to find that the snow is finally piling up. I should’ve gone skiing, but it was a work day I time was limited. I found 12-inches (undisturbed) at the summit of Dude Peak (7,180 ft) and three-foot drift on the windy ridge. 

The junction of the new Bonneville Shoreline Trail and the Hidden Lake Trail, looking SW towards the Oquirrhs.

I descended from Dude via the South Fork of Hooper Creek, otherwise known as the Orvis BootlegATV Trail. Sun, trees and snow are a glorious combination.

South Fork Hooper Creek.

Summit crags of Dude Peak mostly hidden under new snow.

12 inches at 7,180 feet just below the crags of Dude Peak’s high point.

View south from Dude, over City Creek Canyon toward the Central Wasatch.

I almost left the jacket and buff in the truck but so glad I didn’t, it was way to cold and windy for only a poly-pro long-sleeve tee. 

View NE from Dude Peak towards Session’s Mountain (L) and Blacks Peak (local name) (r) (sic) and Bountiful Ridge. Looks like just enough cover for skis, but old skis.  

No comments:

Post a Comment