Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Last Days Of Snow, June 27, 2019

'Number Seven' and its lingering summit drift, as in Peak Number Seven, named for Mad Jack's mule from Grizzly Adams, the cornball mid-1970's mountain-man drama shown on NBC, one of three networks back then so pickings were slim. Although, PBS (KUTV 7, not KBYU 11) was a brite spot outside of the network void, they (KUTV) was daring enough to play Monty Python's Flying Circus.

Two patches hanging on at the top of Mark's Ghost.

One drift just off Rectangle Peak.

Number Seven, zoomed.

Session's Mountain, north aspect. 

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh!...Can't wait for next ski season to get up there again. I think Mark's Ghost was my favorite area. Had my best ski day up there. I'm still blown away by the quality of the snow it held on its NE aspect in the trees on a day when literally everything else was crusty, rotten, unskiable snow.

    I want to go back up Session's Mountain again. Next time I'll bring crampons.

    Always enjoy your posts, Owen.

    ReplyDelete